"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Thursday 12 January 2012

Football Teams and Book Reviews

When you look at someone, do you think you've got a handle on them? You know you shouldn't judge people before you get to know them, but sometimes, jsut their clothes immediately make you think something of them, something that is normally untrue.

This happened to me the other day, in my seminar class. A girl across the classroom was dressed, colour co-ordinated, in white, beige and brown, most likely all from New Look. Based on this, I assumed she was girly, went out every night and would probably look down on me for not going out every night and being a nerd.

And then I heard something I didn't think I would hear: her discussing football. This went against everything she looked like, what I thought she would like and everyhing I had thought about her "type". For some reason, overhearing football discussions reminds me of a time in year 6.

It was the end of the school day. My teacher had us all stood reasonably quietly behind our chairs, holding our bags, ready to go. Then he asked what football team we supported. I did not, and ever have, supported a football team. I don't watch football. Which was awkward at that moment A- because everyone else does, and B- because he let us home depending on what team we supported. Which, now that I think about it, is probably some form of favouritism.

Anyway, there's that little walk down memory lane. This was also an excuse to tell you all about my new blog, to be found here, in which I will review books I read. I plan to start out small, only reviewing books I already own and some I have to read for university. But, once I put something up, check it out, spread the word if you think it's worth it!

Ok, I am going to stop shamelessly advertising my own empty blog and go now - I have a lecture to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment