"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Thursday 16 February 2012

or Virtue Rewarded

I'm sure I've whined about this before but I am ill. Again. And guess what? It's my reading week, university lingo for half term, which just figures. Why am I always ill in the holidays? It's like my body thinks 'Right, we've lasted how ever many weeks now of stress and work and essay writing. Never mind that you've still go work to do, we're giving up!'

Yeah, thanks a lot.

I've not had the best half term so far. Monday was my friend's funeral. I survived until Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture played during the curtain closing. I completely lost it. One of our friends also read V's speech, from V For Vendetta. It was his favourite film. Then we had the wake in our local Wetherspoon's. It was really nice to see all my old friends again - I haven't seen most of them since we finished sixth form two years ago! It just really sucks that it was because of this tragedy.

Oh and before I forget, thank you for your nice comments on my last post. Means a lot <3

Tuesday was Valentine's Day, of course. I had a really great day planned but my body betrayed me and I woke up with a cold so I spent the afternoon round my boyfriend's watching Hercules and Lilo and Stitch. On the plus side, well depending on how you look at it, I ate probably too much chocolate. Then Wednesday I spent most of the day in bed, watching Finding Nemo and Coraline. Have you seen that one? Incredibly weird. Not Nemo, Coraline! Typical Tim Burton.

Today, my cold has progressed to the point that if I blow my nose too hard, I get a nose bleed. Yeah, bet you wanted to know that, huh? That would be my father's genetics at work. However, I still have to work on my English presentation that my group have to give next Tuesday and guess what? I haven't got very far with my contribution.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have had enough work and am feeling the urge to watch Geordie Shore and eat custard creams. Until next time.

On a side note, if anyone knows the reference to my title, I will be shocked and amazed. There you go, a little challenge!

1 comment: