"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Saturday 4 February 2012

Who's That Girl?

Evening all. Today's post will be a little be rambling and sad in some places as I have some bad news as part of my update in Twitch-verse.

Since we last spoke, I have had really bad thoughts running through my head about life and my boyfriend and home and everything. Luckily, seeing The Boyfriend after a few days made pretty much all the bad thoughts go away - he's comforting like that. I still worry about the future but it doesn't feel so overwhelming anymore.

It was also The Boyfriend's birthday last week. He turned 20 - now he's old, like me! I got him a few CD's, a shirt, a book and a poster - Assassin's Creed, if you were wondering. Which I am willing to bet you weren't. We had lunch and watched 'Paul', which is just about the funniest and most awesome movie ever!

Then I got the bad news. One of my good friends from secondary school and sixth form - seven years - died last week in his house in Plymouth. I'm still not entirely sure how he died but I really miss him and I cried so much and now I am just trying to distract myself with normal life. It didn't work so well on Monday, when I got a major headache and nearly broke down in the middle of a seminar.

The day I found out, I went out and meet up with all my friends in Wetherspoons, as they were having a sort of meet-up slash memorial for him. I spent an hour or so reminiscing on all the things he did in school, setting fire to things, stealing the science equipment, piercing himself with safety pins. Yeah, he was like that sometimes but what I really loved about him, whether he liked it or not, was that he was a giant teddy bear. It makes me smile remembering him offering me his leather jacket when I was cold, even though we were inside!

Ok, I believe the sad part is over. I apologise for that, but I needed to write it down. Kind of cathartic, you know?

And I think I am just about done in the bog-standard update. Sorry it's kinda boring, but it is my life. Not always full of excitement! I know, it's hard to believe.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend :/ My best friend died (it's been years now..wow) and it's really hard. I won't say I know how you feel because I hate that. But I can say that [for me] it gets easier. Now I can think of her happily and very rarely shed any tears.

    ReplyDelete