"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Sunday 11 March 2012

Slytherin vs Gryffindor

According to Wikipedia, Slytherin's are typically 'ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented'. They also apparently think before acting. Albus Dumbledore thought that Salazar chose students that showed cleverness, resourcefulness, determination and 'a certain disregard for the rules'.

While I might think I show most of these traits, truth is I am a good and nice person (usually) and have more of a conscience than the typical Slytherin student and therefore could not sell out another student for my own safety. Saying that, I am incredibly selfish and jealous so... does that make up for it?

On the other hand, you have Gryffindor. Gryffindor traits include bravery, chivalry and daring. And even though Gryffindor's are into pointless heroics and Slytherin's actually think with their heads, the two houses are quite similar. They are both passionate in what they believe in, willing to bend the rules, clever and determined. Thus, when Pottermore finally opens to the public, I think I will be sorted into Gryffindor.

I think this is because while I know what the right thing to do is, I will not do it, for whatever reason. Usually this is because I am not stupid enough to sacrifice myself, however heartless that may sound. So while I think of myself as a good person, I am not reckless like certain Gryffindor's. And I am of course drawn to Slytherin, not just to be different, but because when I want something I fight for it, and while I am not career-driven or back-stabbing, I am jealous and bitchy and have a sick sense of humour.

Anyway, I've already a Slytherin tie - I'm not backing out now!

Now that I've said all that, I'm not sure what the point was of this! Until next time, what house are you in on Pottermore and do you think it's right?

No comments:

Post a Comment