"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Monday 9 July 2012

Books and Atlantis

Oh, hello! Seems like we haven't spoken in a while, but actually it's been, what, a week? Well, it seems like longer than that, but maybe that's just me. Lately my days have been going rather slowly, merging into one another, you know? I haven't been up to much, reading a lot, as book nerds do. I'm also looking after the house while the 'rents have gone to a 24 hour car race in France. Which means I'm in charge of cooking, cleaning and everything with my little brother. I say little, I mean 17 year old who has only just learned how to turn our oven on.

So, what interesting news do I have to tell you about? Been reading After The Snow; the colloquial language makes for some interesting characterisation of the narrator but God, does it make it difficult to read! Or maybe I just have no patience for that kind of thing. Yeah, that's probably it. Either way, I've been reading it for over two weeks, only just hit page 100! I've also been reading Undead by Kirsty McKay - amazing book but tell you what, making me really paranoid of zombie attacks!

Right now I'm watching Atlantis, that pretty old Disney movie. Actually, it's 11 years old. Huh. That doesn't make me feel old at all! Poor Milo, being bullied by the team! But god, do I love Audrey, the teenage engineer! I haven't watched this movie in ages, I'd forgotten how cool it was!

Ok, I've got to the bit near the end where Kida has gone all zombie blue eyes and the crystal wakes up. This is a pretty amazing story. Seriously, go watch this movie! It does remind me of a book though, A Quick Bite. It's a vampire book but Lynsay Sands writes it that vampires actually come from Atlantis and have these bug things that replace cells and cures their hunger and everything. Kind of clever and definitely a unique vampire legend!

Man, this has been another pretty crappy update hasn't it? Apologises for that. And that I haven't really said much of interest. So... until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I love Undead - it's excellent and I can't wait for the second book.

    ReplyDelete