"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Thursday 26 July 2012

Days Of Summer

Oh hi! Another month, another crappy attempt at keeping you updated with my life. This time it is no university keeping me occupied but books. Lots and lots of books. And TV and writing and just general laziness. Well, that last may not be true (who am I kidding, it totally is!) because it's not that I haven't bothered writing a post, it's that I haven't had anything to write about.

It's been a lazy month. I've been shopping, been to the cinema a few times, met up with friends, did more shopping, ate quite a bit and read a lot. I think this is the most I've ever read in such a short period of time! I'm actually really impressed with myself! Of course it does mean that I have to try really hard to keep up with reviews.

So, the real reason I'm writing today is that I'm going on holiday tomorrow. I'll be gone a week and a bit, not that anyone will really miss me, and wanted to write before it was August. I'm going away with my family, probably for the last time as my brother and I are getting older, and we are staying in a house in the Dordogne, an area in south-west France. We're driving, because me and mum hate to fly, so it's going to take us two days to get down there! Hot really looking forward hours on end in the car, but I'm definitely looking forward to being able to have a bath and my own room!

That probably needs an explanation. If you can remember, or if you've actually read my past entries, we normally go away in a motorcaravan. But this year, we downgraded so our new one only sleeps two: mum and dad. Thus, we are renting a property and I don't have to walk across a campsite to have a shower. That will be a welcome change.

Actually, that's practically the only thing I'm looking forward to on this holiday. Sure, the castles and château's we'll end up going to will be cool, but I'm really going to miss my boyfriend. And don't give me all that 'it's only a week, man up!' crap, I've had all that from my dad. But we've been together over 5 years, I think I'm allowed to miss him while I'm abroad!

This has turned into quite a ramble, hasn't it? I think I'll stop there. I'm sure that I'll have some interesting stories to tell when I get back. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment