"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" ~Albus Dumbledore

Thursday 19 July 2012

Ice Age 4

Last night, my boyfriend and I, plus some of our friends, went to see Ice Age 4, like the mature adults we are. I had high hopes for this film, I wanted it to be really good. And, of course, it was awesome! How do they manage to keep up the great story lines after 4 movies? Incredible!

The basic story of this one is that Scrat causes the continents to shift and Manny gets separated from Ellie and Peaches. On an ice-ship, Manny, Sid and Diego float around on the ocean, find Sid's granny hiding in a tree (don't ask) and encounter a pirate ship. After getting tied up and a nice sing-song to introduce everyone, they escape, majorly pissing off the Monkey Captain in the process because they broke his ship. Thus the main plotline: getting stalked by Monkey Captain, actual name Captain Gutt, who has sworn revenge on Manny and everything he loves. You can see where this is going, can't you?

The pirate crew was awesome: a little violent rabbit, an idiot seal voiced by Nick Frost, a badger that doubles as the pirate flag and a gorgeous white sabre called Shira. She was brilliant and tough and loyal, even though her captain was a... bad word. Of course, Diego was instantly interested. I've been saying since the second one that Diego needs a girl, and they finally listened! But I do have to mention, the siren scene - oh my God, that was hilarious!

Peaches is all grown up now. Voiced by Keke Palmer, which I did not get until the credits, she is a typical teenage girl embarrassed by her over-protective father. Even though she has terrible taste in men, I really liked her.  Quickly, I will mention that the group of mammoths she hangs out with are really annoying and once of the girls is voiced by Nicki Minaj, which is actually pretty funny.

Ok, I don't want to give too much away, because the film kind of wanders off from what the trailer suggests; as in, it is more complicated than that. But, finally, I will say that it is just as good, if not better, than its predecessors', and that I can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a film. Embrace your inner child and go see this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment